View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 07:29 PM

You're definitely very smart to move up to the Planar 6 level, at least. You're getting into real, lasting quality at that point. In that price range I'd entertain either that Rega 6, a ClearAudio Concept (with a better cartridge than the Concept MM or MC, or an arm upgrade), or a SOTA Sapphire (a bit above this range if new, but refurbished units can be has too).

I started out in vinyl with an old SOTA Star III, Fidelity Research arm, and Benz Glider lo-MC cart - $2800 total cost. I instantly fell in love with vinyl and started shunning digital. Which is still how I feel now, even with all the advancements in digital - analog sound quality keeps getting better too! The SOTA is a more complete solution than the other 2 tables; it has interchangeable armboards (for a reasonable cost) and really good built-in isolation via its suspension system. Even though I have a ClearAudio Master Innovation that rules the roost here, I also really love my SOTA Nova V (rebuilt from my old Star III) at a fraction of the cost. The ClearAudio sits on a rack that cost more than my car (lol); the SOTA is perfectly happy on a Salamander stand.

Last edited by mulveling; 08-22-2018 at 07:34 PM.