View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Drake, what are you comparing it to?
I do not profess to having 'golden ears'...by a long shot, but I've had the SA-11S3 for almost four months now and have not noticed a change since taking it out of the box. What I do know is that, in my system, the SA-11S3 sounds much better than the players it replaced, a Marantz SA-15S1 and Cayin CDT-15A. Bass is tighter and cleaner, mids and highs are more detailed. I haven't been able to compare it to other players in it's price range but so far I'm very happy with it.
Sorry, this probably hasn't been much help but I thought that I'd throw in my 2 cents.
Rick
After about 50 hours of use has improved slightly, but the sound is still swollen, poor detail, confused sound, not very big scene, great voices not in focus and with the grain, medium-high a little confused and not very refined, poor separation and little air between the instruments ...
My previous player was an entry level Esoteric SA10 that sounded more slender, but in all other parameters was much better.
We hope that the situation will change with the break-in, otherwise I'll have to sell the Marantz ...
Thank you for your opinion!

Drake

P.S. If anyone has had experience with the Marantz Sa11S3 and can provide me more comments, I would be very helpful.