View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Life is beautiful

Default TAD show "de luxe", March 24, 2013 in Belgium

Today, we accepted the invitation of Frank Van Leuvenhaege, Brand Ambassador for Tad-Labs and Pioneer Europe, and went to a beautiful villa at the countryside where the 3 speakers and the electronics were being demonstrated.
The reception was warm and hearty, with a good cava, smoked salmon, and other seafood.
The room was quite big, 8m (W) x 18m (L) x 4m (H), not especially treated.
The gear was located at one side. Unfortunately against the light, this hindered taking pictures.
But my wife managed to capture the atmosphere.

We started with the Compact Reference, driven by the C2000 pre/DAC and the M2500 power (class-D!).
Source: MacBook Pro via USB directly in the C2000.

We started with some female singer-songwriter music.
What immediately struck was the clarity of the voice, and the depth in the soundstage.
Very tight bass also.
Really convincing.
This was confirmed as we went through other pieces.
Also big scale classical, like Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" came through very well.
The sweet spot was not limited to one seat, as I experienced walking through the room.

I think TAD masters Class-D amplification very well, and the DAC in the pre seems up to the task.

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables