View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
Gadawg, thank you very much for the update. I cannot swing for sigmas (need biwired) but very interested in Alpha speaker cables. How do you overrall describe the Alphas - neutral warm, lean? How are the bass, midrange, highs with them? P,ease share more details
Much appreciated.
I would describe the Alpha's as very musical and natural sounding. After using Audioquest Aspen and Cardas Clear Light before, the first thing I noticed with the Alpha was the shear scale and openness of the presentation. There was detail I just hadn't heard before which helped create a lot of separation between instruments and really opened up the soundstage. The soundstage became much more holographic. The Alphas are incredibly detailed without being bright or analytical. They have good tight bass with great extension but not the volume of bass that the Audioquest Aspen did. To my ears the Alphas are more reflective of live music. I'm not sure it would be fair to call them warm, neutral, or lean. They just sound amazingly real. To me they really get out of the way and let you hear what the rest of the system is doing so I really don't think these cables would be used as 'equalizers' like some cables that could be described as warm or lean.

I also think that some cables will sound better in some systems than others so you should definitely try and audition before you buy. If you have good system synergy then the Alphas should be awesome!

George