Thread: My audio system
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
It has been couple of months since my last post and here again I have couple of change on my system so i need to update this post.

My 803 was retired and replaced with PMC MB2SE, in the meantime, I decided to get another amplification but this time i want something simple, smaller and as much all in one as possible. After long consideration, I end up with Devialet Expert Pro 400 CI.

So I move aside my REF 6 and DD amp to make a space.The Devialet has much smaller footprint compared with my main gear. Setup is straight forward, download your speaker profile(SAM) from your computer and put it on SD card, and slot it to the Devialet , you are done.

To run digital chain from source to speakers, I normally have my Naim Streamer, Chord DAVE DAC, AR Ref 6 and DD Progression. For Devialet, these function are merged into 1 component.

I was into audio when I was around 16 yo when I enjoy listening to my yamaha amp and pioneer speakers. I was growing up from conservative thinking of audio gear where size does matter. The more component the merrier .

When my dealer introduced Devialet amp to me, I did look down on it as I and many will call this is lifestyle product. So to make my dealer happy, I spent of bit of time to listen it. I was surprise the sound is not bad.

I then put an order one pair brand new Expert Pro 220 and finally arrived last week . I almost to my disbelieve with how good it sounds on my system.

Its is too early to decide which one i prefer (not better) between my REF6/DD-Prog or Devialet. However upon listening experience these past days, I must admit Devialet does a very good job with their pricing. The excellent soundstage, midrange to die for, bass that goes deep , strong articulation and very musical too.

BEFORE

AFTER

The amp in close shot

I made a clip too HERE:

--!--
Just saw the clip - great units and well recorder....

Could I ask you the sound "absorber / diffuser" panel in the centre of the wall - details please / where can i get one ?