Thread: Audeze LCD-3
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod View Post
The best headphone amp I have heard with Audeze headphones by far is their very own Audeze The King. Worth the $$$, IMO.
Have not had the pleasure to audition the King yet. If I come across it, will definitely give it a listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod View Post
PHC1, why did you decide to go with the LCD-3 instead of the LCD-4? Congrats on the purchase.
When I auditioned the Focal Utopia vs LCD-4 for my "reference" headphone in my collection, the Utopia was my choice after a 2 hr A/B comparison. Both are outstanding so it was a very tough decision. McLaren vs Ferrari... Wish I could have brought both home. On well recorded material the jaw drops from the realism and the incredibly open and clean window into the recording. I use these on high resolution recordings.

I also auditioned the LCD3 on a separate occasion and instantly fell in love with the smooth and "musical" sonic signature. It's a romantic sounding set of cans and my "go to" set for favorite Jazz recordings. The saxophone and vocals are intoxicating through the LCD3. It's a "music lover's" delight.