View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Adam.......Thanks for taking my comments in the spirit intended. I understand the point you make. You are correct that most MB100 owners might find themselves in deep water to take on the project that David documented. I know I would. I think the point to remember here is David was "experimenting", not reengineering the MB100. It is possible that the choice and implementation of internal parts may in some cases seem redundant to you with respect to the stock parts or not necessarily delivering a true and measureable performance boost to data flow and storage. None the less, David's project has been enlightening and certainly appears to have raised the performance bar on his MB100. I never took his "how-to-do-it" posts as promoting his experiment. I read the thread as a way for David to share his excitement with us as he set about trying to solve the issues he experienced with his first MB100. Since the thread is not an engineering white paper, I felt it important not to drift too far off the original topic by challenging his parts choices and any questionable performance advantages from those choices. That was never the intended purpose of the thread.

I have read your posts for quite some time and have always been impressed with your knowledge and ability to explain your thoughts. You have a far greater understanding of the digital world than me. What might make an interesting thread would be your opinions of how to improve the performance of the MB100 with full explanations on the advantages or disadvantages of one part or another in a build you might like to see. In a thread like that everyone would have the opportunity to weigh in with their ideas and challenge yours if they felt their choices represented greater gains. A thread such as that might be a excellent learning experience for all of us and one that would compliment the information David has provided in this thread.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 04-13-2015 at 11:18 AM.