View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
Elberoth. Earlier in the posts I stated that all of this is optional and I decided to replace that drive for my own reasonings - logical for me and me alone. The key phrase, optional. This being the case, it might appear reasonable to someone else or not. The beautify in all of this, you are not required to take this upgrade undertaking - but it is nice to have an idea or a roadmap about how to make the upgrade using whatever drive or memory you choose - or not. It's not about the brand or whatever, it's more about the roadmap to doing an upgrade.

Heart and soul, a great deal of time on my part was put into creating this journey for everyone to read. I didn't get paid or receive a sponsorship - all my own time and on my own dime - and it was a pleasure to do so. I did it because I like the folks on AA so I decided I would share my experience good, bad or indifferent with this fantastic group on AA. In my book, a positive thing to do.

I see a trend happening.

I'd like to see the thread to return to a positive, supportive and up-lifting means to discuss.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
We are arguing about Kingston SSD to Samsung SSD swap, not HDD to SSD.
Adam.......I have to agree with David's last post. The only one arguing here seems to be you. David is not really asking for opinions about specific parts, i.e. hard drives, RAM, batteries, etc., or requesting additional technical information about HDD or SSD performance characteristics, rather he is offering step by step insight into an experiment he has performed with his own MB100 at his own expense. It is clear to me the upgrades and changes have improved the performance of his MB100 in relation to his original experience with it as outlined in earlier posts in another thread.

We are fortunate that David has made this information available for all of us in the McIntosh forum. It represents a huge effort on his part to perform and document this work for our benefit. There is no point in nitpicking David's choices of one part or another over what you might have used. You didn't perform this experiment or document your build so why try to rip into David's effort for no reason other than debate. If you think you can make an MB100 perform better than David's upgraded MB100, then do it and let us know how it turned out. Perhaps then we could have a shoot-out between your MB100 and David's MB100. That would certainly be worthy of a new thread and discussion.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A