View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
MrAcoustat

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Hello folks,

Tonight I decided to plug again my full range FINAL SOUND 1.4 Mk2 panels because I got calls from people interested in buying them so I had to check them up. Connected them to the Manley Snappers.
First minutes were very disappointing. Amps were cold / panels were cold too and I had to find a better place for them in my room. They sounded dark and restrained.
But after tweaking a bit the placement and having the amps warm after 45 minutes, the sound just left me speechless.
A total different experience from my dynamic speakers so I had to format my ears to the new sound. ( I did not listen to them for about 3 years ).
And they do sound GLORIOUS.
What a presence ! A bass as strong and deep as many very big dynamic speakers, but most of all, a very CLEAN bass and transparency, finesse and SPEED SPEED SPEED ! And this unique sensation of space, and so many things I cannot even find the words....
I'm really no more sure to sell them. I do not prefer them over the Wilsons WP8s. They are so different than comparing them makes no sense. But I think that I love them as much as my Wilsons.
They were made in 2003 so I may have some trouble with the stators ( especially since Final Sound does no more exist ) in the coming years but honestly I do not want to think about it.

Long life to ESLs and tube amps !

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Hey Jerome, your stats are only 9 years old if i read you correctly they have been aside for the last three man that's not an old speaker my Acoustat's are 28 years YOUNG and still making beautiful music i don't know how reliable the Final's are but what i can tell you is that Acoustat's are almost indestructible YES YOU'RE right panel speakers extraordinaire.