Thread: 3 D Audio
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
David....... It appears to have mesmerized your attention. I would be interested to experience the effects for curosity's sake, but probably would not embrace the concept in my system.

Mesmerized might be too strong but very impressed , . The music will not go behind you unless that is the way it was recorded. However the way microphones were set up for the recording will be your exact point of reference during the playback. I received a email from Edgar saying he was going to come over to my home and design an individualized filter for my specific set-up and Sonus Faber Ellipsa then use the filter to record a few Hi-Rez tracks that I can listen to on it without any special hardware. The point here being that some day it is possible that one might be able to download a hi resolution track off the internet which will be able to be appreciated without the special hardware. However to enjoy other recordings not made this way then the music needs to go through this filter. Dan I am sure you would do a much better job then me of describing this experience. Since your not ready to get on a plane, I'll see if Serge is around for a demo and let him write his impression. Edgar told me that so far he has not met anyone who has heard true stereo who did not want one.

Last edited by 1KW; 01-13-2011 at 08:06 AM.