View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 09:32 PM

Last update.

I've had the repaired REF150 back for a bit. All tubes replaced by ARC supplied tubes along with the various parts (also from ARC) which had to be replaced. My technician checked the teflon caps after running the amp with newly installed and biased tubes and the caps seem fine.

The tubes are still settling in and have about 14 hours on them. I am still tweaking the bias. I'm a little concerned because one of the slave tubes is measuring 60 mV instead 65. I may swap it for the other slave which is measuring 67 mV.

I have no idea who many hours were really on the original tubes but the amp sounds much better than it did before it blew the resistors.