View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Walter.......Well there you go. Pack that REF150 up and ship it back to the factory. It'll come back in better condition than when you got it. Maybe ARC will be able to square up the rear chassis dent while they're at it.
Dan - I have always used my local technician to repair my ARC amps. This way I didn't have to ship the amp and expose it to possible shipping damage.

However, there are a number of things wrong here and it would be a good idea to have the amp checked out by Audio Research. So I was leaning towards sending this amp back to Audio Research. I just have to discuss this with them so they know exactly what I want done and if they can fix the dented rear of the chassis - how much it would cost. I have the feeling they may have to transfer the guts of the amp to a new chassis. If this is the case, I might not have them do this. Of course, if I ever want to sell this amp, it would make it easier to sell if the right binding posts weren't coming out of the rear at a slightly odd angle.