View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
All that being said...don't want to hijack the thread and talk about Sasha's too much. I really would LOVE to hear the S5 anyway. Or the Infinity. That's what this hobby is all about - Music first...but then listening to many great products and systems and deciding what you love. Even if I did love it, I'd have to love it a LOT to change what I have. It would have to be quite a revelation. I think when you get to the level of a Sasha or an S5, a lot can be gained by upgrading electronics, cables, and room treatments as you mentioned earlier, Rick.
Marc, you basically reflected my own thoughts abut Rick's earlier comment which hit the nail on the head. The Sasha's are great speakers, as are the S5's and Q3's. Even if the Q3's are a bit more linear and transparent, I took the view I was better off upgrading my isolation with Stillpoints & FE Cerabase feet and bringing forward some electronics upgrades. In other words, build around your current speakers and concentrate on optimizing your system to get the best sound. I've seen more than one system which had very expensive speakers, but cut corners in the cables, amps, isolation or conditioning.

Cheers,