View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvdiman View Post
My brother was shopping for new speakers..
The last time, I gave him my Magico V3 to use he quickly sold it for a pair of Sashas instead.
Fairly recently, after having auditioned amongst others Q5, Q3, S5, he opted to get the new Alexia.

Speakers are taste/preference thing and a pretty subjective one..

So bother not what people say, just keep enjoying what you got/ear tells you.
2fastdriving,

For your own sanity please, please listen to what bvdiman said, "speakers are taste/preference thing and pretty subjective." Moreover Wilson has been on top for a long time and they appear to be the speaker to trash. I was told that Rockport Aviors sound so much better than Sasha's and I was doing everything to hear them...I almost sold them prior to hearing Aviors! Finally my wife and I had a chance to hear them in the same room and system next to Sashas and both of us preferred Sashas. Does that mean everyone will, no... It's subjective! The Aviors are great speakers, just not my preference. In addition, to be blunt, you have individuals like Elberoth(Adam) that recently said Aviors sound better than Sashas, but he has never heard the Aviors...he made the assumption based on hearing other Rockports. I talked to a dealer that sales Magico and based on my system, he said I would get more out of keeping my Sasha's and upgrading my electronics and room treatment. Finally, yes there are many speakers out there, some prefer Wilson, some prefer Magico, still some prefer something entirely different. Like a good friend/dealer of mind always reminds me, there are different/better speakers than Sashas, but I still have a better system than 90+ % of people. Try to relax and enjoy what you have...SASHAS ARE GREAT SPEAKERS!