View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
Try both.
Did you ever entertain the idea of upgrading the cpu? I see that i5-3470T would work with this mobo with better performance and the same power consumption/temperature. (35W and 65C) The mobo supports turbo boost (which the stock i3 lacks) and hyper threading (again none on the stock cpu).

I think with a reliable power supply, one can use an i7-3770T for quad core performance at 45W (69.8C).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened up my unit and looked into the audio board. I found some internal pictures of the autonomic mms-5a to compare. I have some good news!

-MB100 uses one of the usb2.0 headers to grab its audio therefore it uses asynchronous connection. (mms-5a grab its audio from the asrock mobo's analog audio outputs with its inferior dacs)

-usb audio is up/oversampled in sw (still).

-coax/optical output are converts from the usb2.0 header. (MB100 has a built in usb to spdif)

-Asrock mobo uses decent capacitors so the voltage regulation should be fairly clean. A molex from the mobo provides 12V.5V,3.3V to HDD/SSD and the Mcintosh audio board.

-Mcintosh audio board has an isolated dc to dc converter for the op amp section after the dac. Any noise on the mobo and the rest of the unit is blocked.

-analog dc power on the ess chip is common choked using LC components.