View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 06:02 PM

Hey Joe, thanks for asking. Scorcher here in Seaford today, eh?

System sounds fantastic! Maybe still could use a little bass boost now and then, but overall, WOW, just love it. I don't really understand how it did it, but the mc452 actually makes those mediocre recordings I whined about earlier in this thread sound wonderful again. Thank you mc452! Now I get what the Salon 2 is all about, and I love it. And I'm doing this all through a Sunfire prepro to boot! Gotta admit, although I dont have a large frame of reference, the Sunfire TGP5 has a VERY good analog preamp when in source direct mode. When I had the B&W N803, I picked up a used Rowland Capri preamp to try out, and heard no difference. Maybe now with the Salons I would hear it, but not back then.

Now I'm wrestling with the next big upgrade, the prepro: Krell S1200, Bryston SP3, Mac MX150, Classe SSP-800. Each will surely sound great, but all are wanting in one way or another. After that, last piece of puzzle will be server with built-in storage, ie, Aurender, W4S MS2, Olive, etc.

I can't imagine how much better this will all sound in the end, but the best part of it is that, finally, I can actually enjoy what I've got while I work through the next steps. Happy listening...