View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I don’t disagree that the technological concept is sound, it just seems counter-intuitive to deliberately introduce a source of vibration directly under a table that you then have to add a means to cancel. It’s like developing a method of cancelling vibration in your microscope just so you can mount it on the lab fridge. But as others have pointed out, audiophiles aren’t the target market. I’m sure if done properly it can be designed to perform quite satisfactorily for its audience.
Agreed, at first I thought it was only a rumble reducer later I read its a speaker too!. However, knowing all the ludicrous money money spent on turntable primarily to reduce feedback. Maybe some slick engineer might be smart to use an electronic feedback cancellation as an audiophile component idea. Though not necessarily slick and not an engineer I had never thought about doing something like that
Particularly given how sophisticated that technology has become. If someone comes up with a demonstrably good one I can see people spending multiple thousands. No more proof than the hundreds or thousands that audio fans spend on power cords, receptacles and other goodies of, at best, infinitely marginal utility.