View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsg View Post
Hey I am located in Perth too!

So you are the guy who bought the demo amati from Douglas. I think I spoke to Dan and he said you compared it against the 800s and bought this. He said you have a recording studio.

What are you running it with? West coast hifi is offering 20% off 800s.

I am not sure I would consider demos when it comes to cars or hifi just for the reasons you stated.
Hahahaha small world! Yep I'm that guy

I do have a recording studio, but nothing fancy like a 24 channel mixer or anything. Most of my production and mixing is done through a Denon X1600, Ableton Live, Yamaha HS-80 monitors and other various software/hardware as required. I spend a fair amount of time working with local and sometimes international electronic music artists and tinker with my own beats here and there. These days though, I like sitting back with a wine and listening to underground sounds from around the world. I've been fortunate to have established music networks over the last 20 years and have a steady stream of musical productions arriving in my inbox. Hence the hi fi sound systems, which I use everyday to just celebrate music.

My Amati Futura's are mated to a Audio Research LS27 preamplifier, Audio Research DS450M monoblock amplifiers, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, Rega RP8 turntable, Graham Slee phono-pre and Aurelic Mini streamer for digital connections. Cabling, using XLR connections, is primarily from Chord and my speaker cable is by Dueland. This stereo system has a dark sound, exacerbated by the Amati Futura's...which I really like for easy listening.

My other system is by Manley Labs - a full valve system. I love that system because it is sprightly and has a very phat sound. Not that accurate, but by jeez its fun (sometimes we refer to it as having a club sound).

If you're on the fence, I'm happy to give you a demo and discuss anything you like. That nightmare 802D3 story I mentioned earlier happened at West Coast Hi Fi. The Midland store is set up better than the others IMO. 20% off is a good deal - but be wary of demo models if buying from them. Douglas Hi Fi are amazing for their customer service and ability to work within a budget.