View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsg View Post
Hi Naderpug,

I don't own the guarneris yet and haven't even heard it yet personally but have a rather good impression of them.

I have no doubt amatis are in a different league. Looks alone, I would prefer it over the latest ones.

Where are you located? Would it be Klappav you bought from? I know they have a demo pair; in fact they loaded it on youtube when they unpacked it.
I'm located in Perth, Western Australia and deal through Douglas Hi Fi. Dan and Kent are ace with customer service and have broad industry/supplier contacts and I preferred to do the negotiation through them.

If buying ex-demo, I would recommend you get the seller to sign a disclaimer document that the speaker has been thoroughly investigated for any faults and in perfect condition. An industry rep, preferably Sonus Faber, confirming the same is a bonus.

Its a serious bit of equipment and I've seen some shocking acts in my time...like a B&W 802D3 mated to a $300 Pioneer surround sound processor using analogue inputs only, with the young guy switching between sonus and iphone, whilst wiggling the speaker cables, with everything fully powered. I've never heard more "crunch" sounds in my life!