View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 AM

I just bought a pair of X600.5 amps. They added over $200 to my electric bill with just two weeks of operation. The routine is this, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday they are on from about 7:30 PM to 12 AM. Thursday I turn them on about 7:30 and they stayed on until Sunday night around midnight. I looked at the electric bill this weekend, and it was $450 for July, which is about $250 more than normal. Between the amps and the AC, I was using way to much electricity. So, they have not been on since Sunday, and will stay off until Friday morning. Then I will turn them on again to enjoy Friday night, and then off again.

Today I signed a contract to have solar installed so that I can use my amps and AC without going broke. Theoretically, I recoup my investment after 4 years, and then start making money by selling excess electricity back.

I hate the meters at night since they burn into your eyes while trying to enjoy the music. I cut out two pieces if cardboard and slide them know the slots created by the facade around the meters. Works great.

So, if you are going to buy Pass amps you need solar cells and cardboard to enjoy them.