View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 02:26 PM

Hey thanks guys for the kind comments!

UPDATE:
So ever since I posted I've been breaking in the speakers, playing around with the placement, and just overall enjoying the new speakers. I would say I have about 50hrs on them now and have settled in on a placement for them. The new spike system is great and so easy to set the speakers.

As far as the sound - the bass has started to get more pronounced and the highs starting to settle in and smooth out. What is really starting to unfold is the impressiveness of the new mid-range. Besides the greater soundstage, I am noticing the better attack and quicker decay of notes. Example, snare drums are simply more detailed and punchier through this new midrange. Singer's do seem more forward in your face (good thing), but a little more toe-in helped. What is really intoxicating is just the detail the speakers produce while not being overly bright. I think the highs integrate very well and sound more layered.

What I am liking most with the new speakers, is the ability of them producing very complex material with so much ease. This is important for me in demanding movie passages and in bluray concerts, where before I would reach for the remote and lower the volume a few dB, but with the 802D3 they remain very clear and composed.

Besides the sound; I would say I have grown especially more fond of the newer modern looks of the 802D3. Despite them being physically larger than the predecessor, they appear to be slimmer. The new front curved cabinet and smaller midrange enclosure definately adds to this perception.

For any one on the fence, the 802D3 are really a substantial leap forward in sound.

Last edited by SMC23; 01-21-2016 at 02:29 PM.