View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 02:30 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by custodian View Post
Followed most of the games. Great time (if there ever is a great time for this) to be home resting as I undergo immunotherapy cancer treatment.

It has always been tough to forecast from first round games. Many ultimate winners lost at least one of their group stage games. For that reason, I’d hesitate to rule out Germany who seem to have a great ability to deliver when it matters.

My shortlist for the final stages: probably Spain with great talent and strong well organised defence: Russia, simply because host nations historically do well; Germany, see last paragraph. England; ; no solid reason except the young talent up front and the fact that we are overdue to deliver! France, great talent and star quality.

Winners? I’ve absolutely no idea.

Tv picture quality: BBC showing games in 4k+ HDR really looking good on my OLED screen.

Good luck with your cancer therapy... and enjoy the matches!

Warm greetings, Bart
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables