View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Yes, the Alpha Interconnects use the Ohno Continuous Cast copper, so with the better conductor metal, the improved Zi-Tron circuit and KPIP, the Alpha has some distinct performance advantages over the top model of our previous generation. The design, science and material quality of both the Alpha interconnect and Alpha speaker cables have improved--which includes the sonic-welding process. The Sonic Welding process in and of itself is an across-the-board better sounding metal bonding method than anything else out there. It should sound better, because those S.W machines cost a fortune.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research
Thanks for the info Grant ... going from AQ Aspen to Alpha is like night and day in many areas especially presence and depth, soundstage width and it seems unbelievably smooth with tons more detail than I'm used to. The question is ... how much difference is there between the Alpha and Sigma? Maybe the better question is what kinds of things might I notice between the Alpha and Sigma? If I love Alpha is the nature of the sound similar? Some lines when you go too far up the line they can seem "bright" and I'm very sensitive to that. Not sure I can audition Sigma is why I'm asking. Also ... going to be used with Wilson Sasha 2's. Appreciate any insight ...

Thx

George