View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:31 PM

Default Shunyata Alpha Speaker Wire First Impressions

I just got in some Shunyata Alpha speaker wires to demo and was hopeful they would be an upgrade over current cables. To say they are an upgrade would be the understatement of the decade! In just a few short seconds my jaw hit the ground .... there was a sense of openness and detail I just didn't think my system was capable of. I've tried Cardas Clear, AudioQuest Oak, Transparent Reference lately and they each did some very amazing things. What the Alphas did was to do everything all of those other cables did in Spades. To say they sound more real isn't really descriptive of anything but that's what they do. The texture is more natural, the harmonics are gorgeous and there was much more impact than before. To say the bass is incredible might make you think they emphasize the bass which they don't. They don't really emphasize anything other than the entirety of the music. I have never experienced a cable this good. Period. I want to try the Sigma as well but I'm not sure how it could get any better! I would definitely put these on your list to audition if you are in the market for new speaker wires. I will say all of my interconnect is Anaconda so I'm sure there is some synergy going on here. Simply Amazing!

George