Thread: Classe CP-800
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatai252
Mike

Are you looking to use the CP800 as a DAC only for USB input sometimes and use CP800 volume control for USB input at other times?

If you go to the menu and select "source setup" Just select a source (I think you can set up 20)....name it what you want...like USB-DAC and "USB-MAIN". select the USB Back as the input for each of those sources....lastly....select the "pass through" box on the first source setup page for the USB DAC source...this will pass through the signal without volume control

and when you select the USB main input....where you did not check passthrough...you will have volume control....

To only use the passthrough signal for your second preamp....setup two different configuration settings one using the main xlr and a second using the aux xlr....you can then tie an input to an individual config....

Very flexible

Bill.....it looks like after further review...your strike call has be overturned

Thanks buddy! I tried to PM you (since I've seen your postings on it and it interested me)...but it you aren't accepting PM's. . Thanks for answering though.

What amps are you running with your CP-800? I'm running the CA-2300 and the combo sounds fabulous together. Makes me wonder how much better those CA-M600's could sound! Why no love for Classe gear? It's world class IMO.