View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
So I'm thinking about getting some Aperture II Panels. My dedicated listening room is about 5 or 6 weeks from being completed. The room will be 18.6' x 14.1' x 8'.

I of course would like to treat the room with some diffusion and absorption. I would like to include the Stillpoints Aperture II Panels but my budget will allow only 2 since they are not inexpensive.

Will 2 be enough to start with and if so where would be the best place to install them? When budget allows I would add more.

Does anyone combine the Aperture Panels with any other type of room treatment or do you strictly do Aperture Panels?
I've heard nothing but good things about the Aperture Panels, and set--up professional Stirling Trayle thinks very highly of them as well.

With respect to adding more panels, also consider adding GIK Acoustics Alpha 4A panels. These combination diffusers/bass traps and they are VERY effective; they've singlehandedly made some of the biggest improvments I've made to my system in the last 2 years. You can also get them in different wood and fabric colors. They are also are considerably less expensive than the Aperture panels, a set of four is only $316.

https://www.gikacoustics.com/product...nel-bass-trap/

This photo shows one of them along my front wall, but there are actually six of them in the room, including at the first reflection point.

Very highly recommended.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.