View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 01:01 AM

For documentation purposes, I ended up using he Mundorf SESG (non oil) Supreme EVO Silver-Gold caps in my Cary V12R amp and will likely use them again in my other vendor mono blocks in the future. A few notes.

WARNING: 200+ hours of burn in, no joke, it was a roller coaster ride for me and i was pre-warned by my local tech. He was right.

Part # prefix symbols:
SESG is non-oil
SESGO is with oil

A note on Cary Audio site that is consistent with my findings in my last CA amp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mundorf MCap SUPREME EVO SilverGold Capacitors

The MCap SUPREME EVO SilverGold is the undisputed top capacitor from Mundorf. It combines the best of Mundorf’s technologies and over 30 years of experience in the manufacturing of audiophile masterpieces into a unique capacitor of equally unique musicality. Metallised polypropylene is used as the dielectric guaranteeing low tolerances and the highest standards of safety in use thanks to its self-healing properties. After going through Mundorf’s top quality winding process, the capacitor winding is potted by hand into aluminum tubes to minimize microphony. The gold plated, asymmetrical pure copper wires make it possible to assemble it in a classic horizontal style.

The Mundorf MCap SUPREME EVO SilverGold capacitors have a full, sweet sound quality yet also are more articulate and revealing of low level detail than other high-end audio capacitors. The mid and low-midrange areas have better definition as well as more weight and body revealing the true character of acoustic instruments. A stand-up bass completely comes to life. The texture of instruments and vocals are just more musical and involving. They also have the speed and detail desired to keep up with the fastest drum lines and sweet revealing highs for every bit of delicate reverberations and air. They just have more music!