View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 03:40 AM

The July/August edition of the Dutch magazine HVT features a excellent review of the Analog Domain M75P and M75D amplifiers. The conclusion of the reviewer: unrestrained dynamics, neutral without being analytical, amplifies what is fed to it without adding anything. Best combo being the M75P and M75D both as bridged mono blocks, using the volume control of the M75D for both amps.

The tone of the review is very cautious at first, but the reviewer admits to being pleasantly surprised and is clearly impressed by the performance of these Analog Domain marvels.

This is the fourth extensive review, HiFi+ being the first, HiFi-Advice being the second and Tone Audio being the third that I know off, that basically all say the same thing.

I have been using both amps together with the Analog Domain DAC1 for some time now and although I have heard many wonderful systems during that time (from affordable to unobtainable), I never had the feeling I was missing out. The big limiting factor now is the room and speaker placement. That being said, I have found a new appreciation for the power of the WAF...let's say I will have to be very creative to tackle that one.

I guess US pricing will bring the Analog Domain products in d'Agostino territory. If you are shopping in that market and have the opportunity to audition the AD amps and DAC I would wholeheartedly recommend to seize that opportunity.

However you look at it, we are talking crazy money here. Regardless, I know how much satisfaction and joy Angel Despotov's creations bring me and just want to spread awareness of the options available. Choice is good; the more, the better.

Last edited by JemHadar; 07-10-2018 at 04:56 AM.