View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two dot View Post
Guys, Let me first say that, I appreciate each and everyone of your input on my audio journey... and it should be mentioned that the cause of my downsizing is largely due to having to move to a much smaller place... like ~600 square feet from ~3500 square feet. Southern California doesn't have a lot of room...

I wrote this the other day, after listening to the new AN gear for a couple of days...

Ok, I have a confession to make.

I am NOT an audiophile. I have tried… I wanted to be one, but… low and behold... I am just a music lover.

Please, I want no one to take offense here. Some people are both. Thats great. I kinda wish that I were.

I don't like cables… nor power conditioners, nor massive speakers, nor plastic remotes with 100 buttons, I don't like a wall full of equipment, I think that in this day and time, CD's are silly, and owning a transport is crazy.

I think that music comes on vinyl records and that they are getting better every day. And that 25 years ago some of them were amazing. Think... original Blue Note.

What I do love is beautiful music. And, I have had a lot of that in the past few years… but, always, at the expense of constant upgrading and worrying if my gear, cables, power conditioners, etc were good enough.

I was missing the music.

I now have the most musical system that I have ever heard in my room.

Guess what…

It has 9 watts, plugs into the wall with a regular power cord, has one source (LP's), has speakers that are small 2 way boxes made out of PLYWOOD… no remote, no lights or meters, and…

IT IS THE MOST MUSICAL SYSTEM THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY ROOM.

It does not sound anything like HI-FI… it sounds like live music. It sounds like I am there. Period.

Looking at, acquiring, and listening to my McIntosh equipment has been one of the great joys of my life, and I will always be thankful for all of the help, guidance, and FRIENDSHIP that you guys have provided.

But for now… I will buying more music, sharing your love of your equipment and LISTENING to my music.
This is the place for AudioAficionado's, so whatever great gear turns you on that is what it is all about. Glad you are happy.
Jim