Thread: Legacy Calibre
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:37 AM

So it's been a while since I've updated. I've since moved into a new house, and of course they are set-up and rocking!

So what can I say about them...
  • It's been more than a year since I got them, and I would have thought I'd have blown one of the drivers by now considering the punishment I subject them to, but nope. They are solid as a rock and can take a beating like you wouldn't believe (so long as it's clean power of course).
  • While the low-end can be extended artificially with EQ (whether it be standard EQ or DSP-based), the front midbass driver ends up working too much because it shares some of the workload for the bass, that's just how the design is
    • therefore, I've left the low-end extension alone since my music hardly ever reaches below 40Hz (but I do bump up the 40-100Hz range a good 6 dB for added effect with heavy metal)
  • They have reinvigorated my desire to work with loudspeakers, so much so that I'm working on a tribute to them, doing a "cover" if you will. You can see in the picture I posted above a whole bunch of raw driver's I'm testing for my Calibre-X model . It will be nothing short of a monster. Stay tuned.