Thread: Want to stream
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:52 PM

Default Want to stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslrock View Post
The streaming capability with TIDAL in Aurender Conductor is seamless and also most of everything else that is useful in ROON and others are very similar. Check out the JDANDY threads on Aurender and Conductor. I like the ease of use of Aurender Conductor since it just works intuitively and I do not have to fiddle with it.

I respectfully disagree. The Conductor app does not allow you to communicate with Tidal both ways. For example, if you tag a favorite in Tidal, it is tagged automatically in Roon. The reverse is true also. In other words, Roon/Tidal communicate both ways. Conductor/Tidal do not.

Also, the ability of Roon to work with outside storage devices and to keep one single library to feed as many Roon devices as you have is unique. If you have two Aurender units for example, you have two libraries. if you make changes to one of the libraries, that change is not reflected in the other one. They are isolated and don’t talk to each other.
The Conductor app is similar to the app in the Sony HaP Player. They both work very nice, but neither is as powerful as Roon.
In fact Roon allows you add DSP to your system and can be used to better shape the sound based on your particular requirements.
As I see it, Roon is $500 component/investment that has many uses and can last you a lifetime.