View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
Sorry they didn't work out for you. I made a similar mistake, way back when I was just venturing into speakers, with their LSi15 - the analogous model of the prior Polk "premium" line. Trying to enjoy music on them was...frustrating. Even the LSi9 monitors were much better, I think. And the larger LSi25 managed to sound really good for a demo of "Riders on the Storm" in the showroom. But the LSi15 - I believe those were only good for HT. Got stuck with 'em and mercifully managed to sell 'em (for a big loss) after a long while.
Interesting you mention that because years ago when I was originally considering between the RTiA series and the LSi15, a member on another forum warned me off the LSi15 saying he thought "they sounded as if covered by a wet blanket".

The only difference between the LSi15 and LSi25 is the woofer is self powered on the latter. The mid/upper frequency drivers are otherwise identical along with sharing the same cabinets.

Supposedly the RTi line was marketed to the HT audience, hence the designation "Reference Theater integrated" while the LSi series was primarily intended for music reproduction. (I don't recall what "LSi" signified). I very much enjoy the RTiA7 and RTiA9 for music myself.

If I ever seriously consider upgrading again, Audio Classics has some Legacy speakers that performed quite well in the short time I spent listening to them.