View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Default Planning any Summer Projects???

As far as projects around the home go, I go in spurts. Coast a few years and then like on a downhill roller coaster, full speed ahead.

I've either completed myself or have had someone do the following or have it scheduled:

**rearrange the garage storage and install some Home Depot Husky shelving & added 2x4 plywood sheets over the metal grated shelves. Placed the 5 shelf storage cabinets on dollies, so I can roll 'em around. 1,000 pounds per shelf load limit.

**painted the garage walls, baseboard trim & one window.

**tore out the old peg board for garden tools, etc., and installed a new white peg board 4x8 sheet (hung 1"x2" stringers to attach the peg board)

**replaced the single window blind with a new one.

**painted the guest bath and bedroom a soft green and painted the baseboard & crown molding.

**installed a new Hampton flush mount ceiling fan/light (sold old one).

**Had hot tire pickup areas on the speckled epoxied floor and repaired it with Rust-Oleum Concrete Patch & Repair

**dismantled the fluorescent 4 lamp in the kitchen and installed 4 LED flush mount dimmable lights (20 watt equivalents of 95 watts) . Had planned to put in 5, but have a metal I-beam in the ceiling, running front to back & had to suffice with 4.

**new carpeting installed in 2 bedrooms & bonus (bar) room on 2d floor. That required everything in those rooms be moved to master bed (hallways & master = hardwoods), master bath, guest bath and laundry room. Took a days and a half to relocate everything back (albums and CeeDees are in bonus room) .

**now that pollen season is over here in the south, power washed the house

**scheduling a painter to paint the window trim (soffits and fascia are fine)'

**complete master bath redo -- nothing structural changes -- ripping out the 3.5 inch x 3.5 inch white tile and replacing it with a soft brownish/white 12 inch x 12 inch tile, matching bullnose at top, and in shower basin 3 inch x 3 inch squares & adding an 5 and 3 strip accent piece ( 5 piece or layered will go along top of shower or near top, and then continue across the back of the garden tub but in a 3 layer or line).

**removing the existing (probably donating) white vanity and replacing with one found on Wayfair during their 4th of July blowout sale. Antique cherry finish & delivery expected 07/21 thru 07/28. White marble top, round ceramic sinks X 2, matching mirrors (x2). Wanted rectangular sinks -- but only comes with round. Oh well...minor.

**ordered all new hardware -- for sinks (x2), garden tub and shower. Shipped.

**ordered a shower basin drain with hidden 'catcher' from ebbe-america in satin nickel finish. Shipped.

**rearranged the 1000 sq foot walk up (staired) unfinished attic. Threw out approx. 150 boxes and took to the local county recycling center. Yep, 150. I don't throw nothing away until then. Ha. Installed shelving and placed quite a few items on the shelving & covered in plastic (dust).

**repaired two screens that we use in the master during early cool spring nights.

**found a bunch of stuff I no longer need or didn't realize I had & either selling on craigslist, neighborhood, AA or the SF bay site.

I think that's about it.

How about you?

Best sirs,

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garage 1.JPG (80.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0701.JPG (61.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0794.JPG (72.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0824.JPG (87.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0796.JPG (107.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Husky 1.JPG (112.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Dolly 1 (2).JPG (74.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2934.jpg (839.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Box storage.jpg (827.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Looking at main listening area Part 2.jpg (842.4 KB, 80 views)
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Odin 2 Tone Arm Cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia V (on order in Ferrari Argento Silver/Parchment grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit).
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution:Ansuz Mainz D3 Distributor & Ansuz Mainz C2 1M Power Cable
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:2M Nordost Odin 2 Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110-ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M StarlightŪ 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Power Amp & Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.

Last edited by vintage_tube; 07-03-2017 at 10:12 PM.