View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacc7 View Post
I won't begrudge you your enjoyment. The bottom line is that when it comes to gear we will fined enjoyment in different ways. Some want the most "accurate" gear, some want the flashiest, some want to tweak, etc. There are many different flavors of audiophiles but there is a distinct fault line concerning cables and tweaks. I'm on the side that just isn't very interested in that stuff. I get the feeling that Dennis isn't either. I get the feeling that most amp builders feel the same. A tweak for him is a different coupling cap! I'll keep enjoying different input and output tubes.
Hi
and this is the most important thing that makes up our hobby.
There are a thousand roads leading to the goal and none of them is right or wrong. it always depends on the different circumstances.

I live in the city center, 4 family house, right outside the front door an electric tram, heated greenhouses from the botanical garden opposite, behind it the Cologne zoo. in the other direction at 200m distance a hospital.

I can hear the difference whether my wife uses the washing machine or not.

if someone lives away from the city where there is less electro smog, things may look very different.

in one case I have to agree with you in any case, the component quality in the devices plays a superordinate role.

but this also speaks for the fact that all the little things in the big picture affect the sound quality.

but everyone has to assess these circumstances differently for themselves. because the goal is for each of us to have so much fun with the music that it is a pleasure to see the artist in front of him with closed eyes and to immerse himself in the atmosphere of the concert.