View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoove View Post
I have been very happy with my LS16MKII (6H30 tubes), and am contemplating moving to a LS17SE. Your thoughts Folks? (semi retirement is a bitch)
Thanks,
Jim
Jim, I cannot compare the LS16MKII with the LS17SE, but I can explain my way from the SP16 to the LS17 and then to the LS17SE. As for the amplifier, I am using a D70MKII.

I made a direct comparison at the audio shop between my SP16 that I brought for the audition and the LS17. We used the RCA connections between the CD source and the SP16 and the XLR connections between the same CD source and the LS17. Honestly, there was not a night and day difference between the two, but with the LS17 music was more tightened, which brought slightly more authority to the music.

Then, I had an opportunity to replace the LS17 with the LS17SE, which I caught without any preliminary listening session. On the long term, all I can say is that the LS17SE brought to my ears an added sense of delicacy to the musical restitution with seemingly more inner details and an overall better sound stage.

Bertrand