View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM3CPO View Post
The phase clock you are referencing only applies to Synchronous Ethernet. Synchronous Ethernet is not used on computer networks; its only used on cellular networks, VoIP phones, IPTV. Ethernet computer networks do not carry any clock synchronization information whatsoever.

If you have a DAC that requires an external clock generator via the ethernet cable, then you are injecting it yourself. No home router, etc., will support doing this..
I forwarded your comment verbatim on to Uptone today and received this reply (color emphasis mine):

"It is all about jitter/phase-noise traveling on ground planes and causing variation in clock edges, both overall and inside the chips. That’s why our differential isolation and reclocking works. Of course John [Swenson] will explain this properly in 10+ pages…"

When John publishes his paper (which I understand will include data), as mentioned previously, I will reference it, but here is some additional information with respect to "methods and materials":
"John recently acquired one of the most sensitive timing analysis systems ever built, the Wavecrest DTS-2079. He just received the boards he designed and the parts to populate them to create the required input module so he can use the system for measurement of jitter and noise on the I2S lines inside DACs. And he will be able to produce comparative graphs with variables like EtherREGEN and other things upstream.

While these will not be measures at the analog output of the DAC that the skeptics demand, I feel stongly that showing differences on the I2S lines inside a DAC will be every bit as valid in proving the existence of these effects and the efficacy of the technology we are employing."
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-15-2019 at 09:05 PM.