Thread: Marc's system
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 07:28 PM

Well, everyone, I've moved and I have a whole new room to show you. Unfortunately it's not ready to show

But I did get a new toy I am pretty excited about, and I'll share that with you. For years I have used a VPI Classic one and I have never particularly liked it because of the unipivot arm. There are other reasons, too, but for the most part it was fine because I only listen to vinyl maybe 10% of the time and it sounded great for my needs. I recently decided to upgrade a little bit and was looking at the Clearaudio line. Several of you have Innovation tables. I love the look of the Innovation tables, but honestly it's just more than I will ever need unless I get way more into vinyl. I don't need multiple arms and I have my system under a wall-mounted TV now so I can't easily get away with the massive height of that setup. I wanted something that was "no muss, no fuss".

So I went for the highest-end Clearaudio I could without A) breaking the bank and B) meeting my objectives.

I got an Ovation with the Universal 9-inch tonearm. I am still using my Lyra Kleos, which I love. This all feeds my Esoteric E-03, which I also love. Still have some tweaking to do, but I'm very happy with it!

Special shout out to Steve aka SL1800!

I'll share pics of my new room when it's all whipped into shape.

Last edited by 2fastdriving; 05-20-2019 at 07:31 PM.