View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundserge View Post
Hi Tony -
I have a SonicTransporter i5 running Roon Server. It's connected to a (dumb) switch streaming to endpoints. Mostly Meridian (818, 218 and MS200). I am happy with this setup.

I back up the Roon database (metadata) to my QNAP NAS using a scheduled backup in Roon settings. To do so, I simply created a Shared Folder (SMB) on the QNAP and pointed Roon to it. Backing up the music from the SonicTransporter was a bit more involved. My ST has 2TB internal SSD, so similar to what you are looking at.

To back up the music to the QNAP I run a sync job on the QNAP that pull the music from the SMB share on the Sonictransporter. I see you have a Synology, so I'm not sure how it would work there but it's probably similar.

Soundserge

Thanks, that’s very helpful. So you have to pull it from the NAS rather than push from the Sonictransporter. I’ll see if there’s a way to do that from the Synology.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2