View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I’ve read many articles on this topic in the past few years. We have a serious challenge ahead of our civilization no matter how you twist this subject. The inevitable displacement of human labor due to robotics, 3D printers of all scales, self driving vehicles and all transportation just as an example, is real and it is already here. The other professions being threatened may sound far fetched but that’s only a question of when, not if. The exponential growth and mass implementation of such human labor displacing machinery will ultimately lead to only one outcome. Massive unemployment and massive government subsidies in the times when all the countries are in debt up to their eyeballs already and are experiencing massive budget deficits. It’s not hard to figure out what comes next. It makes me laugh when the spiritual type optimists paint a rosy picture of humans being able to indulge in spiritual activities like teaching yoga classes, taking music lessons and other activities for the soul as the robots do our work for us instead. I have one question, who will pay for their food, shelter and those yoga classes? The government that will keep printing and handing out money in government stipends and subsidies? With the global population exploding exponentially, that’s a lot of mouths that feed, clothes and shelter. Economies will collapse globally folks. The output of robots needs to be compensated for in a capitalistic structure of our society and if the masses are not working who will be able to buy those products? We have some turbulent times ahead until some kind of equilibrium is reached either through a global structure change or other means of slowing the proliferation of job displacing robots. To get to that equilibrium, I’m afraid we will have to fight wars and suffer massive revolutions and uprisings as economies start to really buckle.
So you are saying a few companies with AI and robotics will displace virtually all workers. Okay. Since AI and robotics are a one time fixed cost, then that means they will be incredibly profitable. Good for them. Just tax the Hades out of them to recover the cost of the unemployment they create. It's a win win for everyone. As someone who develops software to test software, I will be very happy to just enjoy my life without the work BS.

--------------------------------------------

Lumin S1
Sony XA5400ES SACD
Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MK2 Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.