Thread: Amazing C4 II's
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 PM

Ray:

I have my room heavily bass trapped but rarely get to really open the speakers up (two and a half yr. old and eight month old). When I do, I've found the bass to be, for the most part, under control. I've read at least two reviews saying the C4's bass can be overwhelming but I can't say I totally agree. Obviously, I can't vouch for your room but see if a dealer will give you a shot at an in-home audition - you may be surprised.

Prior to picking the C4s, the speakers in similar price points I listened to were the Sasha's, MAXX2 (used), Focal Scalas and MC's XRT1k. I also listed to many, and actually purchased one pair of, speakers at the $7k-$10k price point. To my ears the C4s were either the best sounding or equal to any of the others. Now, after the fact, I've heard that Wilson's are more difficult to set up and that they are not at their best with MC electronics so YMMV. I may have to play around with my set-up at some point in the future to try another pair of Wilson's (I think they look sexy as hell) but for now, I am really digging they C4s.

Good luck with your search