View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumhorn View Post
Hi Caelin,

I'm currently using an Alpha NR between my 6000T & the wall. (As my dealer didn't inform me that the Alpha EF would be just as good...)

How much of an improvement would a Sigma EF make? (I have my mono blocks plugged into the HC outlets, & my preamp, phono stage, SACD player, & active bass crossover plugged into the "source" outlets.)
Just to be clear, the EF is not superior to the NR version. They are the same cable in construction and connectors except the NR version have built-in noise reduction. AAMOF, the NR is usually superior in performance to the EF when used on individual components. It is just that in this very specific application - the wall to Denali cable - that the NR has little to no advantages over the EF version. It is for this reason we recommend the EF version since it costs less.

And to be fair to the dealer, the EF version was released sometime after the NR version. So depending upon when you purchased the cable the dealer may not have been aware of it for this application.