View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Hi,
I am looking for a 10MHz clock for my Esoteric K1X(10MHz sine 50 Ohm clock in) too. I didn't have time to read this
post from the first page just yet.
I noticed there is a lost of interest in the Rubidium clock now. Why is that ? A few of
our members strongly advised the OP21A which is OCXO.
What I have in mind to add to K1X are as followings.
Esoteric family from G02X to G1<--- good looking, but pricey.
CH Precision T1 <--- now disqualified due to 75 ohm output.
MUTEC REF10 120 SE <--- disqualified due square wave output.
Cybershaft OP21A <---- heard only a good things, but that from only a very few users who post about it often, not enough samples to follow according to law of statistic.

But based on current trend, seems like Rubidium is not as popular as high end OCXO as it used to be. The first time I heard about clock and it was a Rb, I read a review by Robert Harley of Esoteric G-0Rb long time ago, and then just a single review of G1 from Ultraaudio.

For now my K1X is connected with G02X and I am quite satisfied.

Toga
Hello,...I have owned 2 Rb oscillator clocks from Esoteric and 1 older dual Rb-OCXO Cybershaft model,...all quite a few years ago.

I have found for many years that OCXO implementations give the most musical and precise music results. Many others have too.

Rather than retype many pages of writeups by various people as well as my own on the topic spanning many years, I would suggest you search the following places...

This forum
Audiogon forums
Computer Audiophile, now called Audiophile Style

As a start and look for phases "OCX", "parts per billion" and similar things. I know for certain there are many pages of feedback out there to help you on this topic.

BTW,...Esoteric Grandioso G1 should be added to your 10 Mhz list as it is a fine unit. Personally other than aesthethic match with the K1X, I would suggest OP21A Cybershaft for performance, musical result and lower price combined with a killer OXCO design.