View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
David.......I occasionally go through periods where I am not in the mood to listen to music. It's like anything else that you do almost daily, sometimes you just need a break. It doesn't mean you've lost your enthusiasm for enjoying your sound system, it just means you're not in the mood at that moment. No reason to analyze it to death. If you aren't into listening to music at a given moment, then find something else to do.

As for new music, just open the "What are you listening to tonight" thread and start picking albums you are unfamiliar with to listen to on Tidal. I have found a wealth of new music like that. Try mixing yourself a favorite adult beverage. Libations have a way of helping you relax. Take advantage of that while you listen to your system. Get that stress level down and your sound system will reward you for the effort.

One thing seems certain to me. If you did not have that great sound system, you would be looking to create one. Unless you sell it, the gear isn't going anywhere. Don't fret over a disinterested moment. It will pass.
This is good stuff Dan. This past year or so as I have rather rapidly upgraded my gear I found myself listening to Demo's rather than the music. This dawned on me a few months ago. For one, when you just listen to the 'gear' its easy to lose interest in a way and ADD kicks in. But when i got the new Martin Logan ESL 13's I found myself for the first time really just sitting back and getting lost in the music. Getting lost in the Songs...not worrying about the bits and sample rate.

I've certainly been on the Audio Nirvana journey this year. No doubt. But the best way to truly reap those rewards is to let the music move you.