View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by harri009 View Post
Thanks Dan, I have noticed that a lot of ML gear is pretty slow to move on the aftermarket for most likely many of the reasons you mentioned. Going with the fact that I tend to buy for the auditions I try to stick with companies that move well. The silly thing is I haven't been happier with my stereo before now. Alas you always wonder what that grass on the other side of the fence tastes like. Maybe someday if I happen across a demo I will get to hear it, until then I will stick with the calypso and ignore my out of state buddy lol.
Jeff.......After you have tasted and mowed the grass on both sides of the fence for a number of years, leaving a trail of shredded cash in your wake, you will eventually come to the realization with high-end gear that it is more about difference than it is about better. There will always be a carrot hanging in front of your nose. You said it yourself, you've never been happier with your stereo before now. It might be time to leave the checkbook in your briefcase and just soak up some enjoyable music.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A