View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with cables or disc formatting, trust me on that. It is system dependent. If you have a Lumagen Radiance Pro in-front of the Foundation 7.1 with DTS-HDMA or DolbyTrueHD audio, the Foundation will play silence. This is thought to be because the audio EDID reporting back from the Foundation is wrong or not implemented correctly (not HDMI spec compliant), causing the whole show to go whacky. The real problem is, Krell won't send a Foundation to Lumagen so they can work out what is wrong with the Foundation software.

Question - have you verified that this problem exists when putting the Lumagen Radiance Pro in front of other HT Processors?

Another question. Why would you put the Radiance before the HT Processor? With all the scaling and processing that occurs, I would think you want this connected to the HT Processor output. You want the Krell to receiver the HDMI data as true to the source as possible, right?

Just a suggestion. I can understand that everyone has different requirements and you may, indeed, have a reason for putting the Radiance -before- the Krell.