View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
I don't know exactly how good a deal you may be getting on these amps, but it might make sense to buy on the used market from somebody who claims there amps are in pristine condition, so long as their feedback is excellent. X is there a way that you could live with these amps for a time before you buy?
The nearest distributor for Lamm is in Singapore. Used deals on the amplifiers do pop up from time to time. So I am thinking of pursuing this route. Usually the used units sold in Singapore market are in mint condition.
However the issue of shipping and customs is still a big deterrent. Indian Customs duties are usually 30-35% on landed costs so ultimately assuming one is getting 40-50% off on used units he will still end up paying close to new retail. This is why importing does not make much sense most of the time. Also this is also the reason why I can't audition Lamm amplifiers either. Hopefully they will have a Indian dealer in the near future. Ultimately I prefer to support local dealers unless of-course there is no dealer.
Cheers,
Sid