View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 09:28 PM

Esteban...question for you. Are you going to be buying the Elipsa SE's from a local dealer? If yes, do they have a similar sized room? Also, can you take your PrimaLuna integrated with you to test out on the speakers? If the answers to all three are yes, then that would be my first attempt at assessing suitability of the Elipsa SE with a room your size and powered by your amp. It may be that you find that the Elipsa SEs play nice in a room similar in size to yours, which should give you the confidence that it can work in your room but that maybe a change in amplification may be needed to make them sing (or not). I don't know. But that is one avenue of enquiry that may yield enough risk-mitigation to give you the comfort to go ahead with the purchase. This is assuming the local dealer will not bring them over for you to audition in your space of course . The other avenue is to send Bill a PM, in case he does not see this thread (which is likely these days given his new responsibilities at Transparent) and get his most valuable input on the subject as I am sure he will have an informed opinion, especially since he has been to your room and voiced the Toys in them.

Good luck