View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diapason View Post
Thank you. I think the resonance in question is closer to the 70 - 100Hz range, but I'll try to confirm that later. That said I fear you're right that I'll end up compromising on mid and presence to get the bass right. LP is currently about 6' from back wall, and speakers are about 55" from front wall.
Certainly can't say for sure what frequency or frequencies are the culprit but the lowest (around 30 Hz) tend to make things vibrate in my room. Your room dimensions will have standing waves starting around 30 due to the length of your room. There are some calculators on line and a nifty visual one on the real traps site called modecalc. I suggest you try that and see where your first order standing waves are and were they may overlap. Free knowledge.

You didn't mention corner traps which are pretty effective at helping in the mid to upper bass regions. I think the Monsters help in that area as well. It is the less than ~70Hz range that is very difficult to treat.

Have you tried the golden triangle aka Cardas method to locate your speakers? Good place to start.

How far are they from the side walls?

What kind of speakers do you have? (on my phone I can't see signatures)
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack