View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:40 PM
The Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainrule View Post
Nice. I have the Ambrose One, and it’s a great pre. Had I known that the LS 300 was in the works, I would have waited fpr it, as it sounds (in at least 2 senses of thr word) like it’s pretty similar to the AO, and would match my black MWI gear.

PS I’m in ID too.
Nice to virtually meet you chainrule. Nice to meet another person from ID - where do you live? Sounds like you have a very nice system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N6 View Post
This is the first I have heard of the LS300 and it is not on their website. Is it basically an Ambrose One without the fancy wooden exterior?
Hi Kevin, yes it is a very similar but slightly upgraded circuit from the Ambrose One. It should be showing up on the ModWright website soon as they ramp up production. I was fortunate to get unit #2. The first unit went to a customer in Denmark who upgraded from the LS 36.5 DM. He loves the improvement, and in his feedback (which you can see on Facebook under Dan's posts) he directly compared to the ARC Ref 6 in his system and felt the LS 300 came out the winner. That says a lot about how good this new preamp is, as the ARC is a phenomenal preamp as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeAllan70 View Post
Fire It Up!!!

Yes indeed! I am still logging hours and working on break in. I've been working like crazy as this year finishes up so not as much time as I'd like for music - owning your own business will do that to you as I'm sure many of you know. I'm going to post some new system pictures and some more listening impressions this weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181017_183422.jpg (91.5 KB, 195 views)
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables