View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 06:35 PM
NOS Tube Lover

fjn04,

Thank you for your thoughts on the VR relative to the Monbrison. I've definitely enjoyed my progression through Shindo's preamps from the Monbrison to the Masseto and now the Masseto to the Vosne Romanee. My system is still "settling in" from the insertion of the VR this past weekend, and I'll be making a big move up to Northern California in December, so I am looking forward to getting to my new digs and resetting the system for the new living room.

With that in mind, I have not changed anything on my stock 846A Valencia, however I will eventually either build or have a pair of suitable stands built to raise them off the floor and will decide at that time whether to keep or remove their wooden skirts. I also have a pair of Mast_Mutter custom crossovers designed specifically for the 846A that I acquired from a fellow Audiogoner earlier this year that I will also wait to install until I have settled in at the new place.

As a follow up to my first post, with the VR installed, and a pair of Shindo Silver balanced ICs from the VR to the Lafons settling in, with the Lafon WE 300B gain controls at 12 noon, the Vosne Romanee at the 8:30/9:00 position with a digital source is definitely showing more midrange and bass with very little background noise v. the Masseto. Definitely an improvement sonically from the already great sound of the Masseto with more texture, nuances and details.

Closdesduc's Shindo System just north of the OC

Happy Listening,
Closdesducs